Acorn is a new image editor built with one goal in mind - simplicity. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the options you'll need without anyoverhead. Acorn feels right, and won't drain your bank account.
- Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
- Chain together imagefilters to create stunning effects.
- Layer based imageediting, an industry standard.
- Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
- Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
- Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screenimageediting.
- Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet's eraser.
- Vector shape and textlayers.
- Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wandselections.
- Create and apply customtextstyles.
- Control opacity and blendingmodes for each layer.
- Write plugins using the Pythonscripting language, as well as inObjective-C.
- GPUpowered. The same graphics card that makes your gamingexperience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest ofgraphicsoperations.
New and Changed Stuff
- New shortcut to open up the Color Profile menu item (Command-Shift-K).
- Color Profile: Complete reworking of how Acorn does color management (+ Linear Light RGB is now the default working color profile).
- Color Profile Improvement: Shape layers will adjust their drawing depending on what your working color profile is set to now.
- Color Profile Improvement: When pasting to an image with a different color space, Acorn will now match (i.e., convert) the pixelsto the image being pasted into.
- New Clamp filter under the Misc section, which is useful if you don't want transparent pixels coming from outside your layer for certain filters (such as the various blurs).
- The Random Noise filter now has a Seed parameter which changes up how the random pixels are generated. They can either always come about in the same order, or you can change things up if you'd like. And things are now 100% consistent between file opens.
- Tweaked the Gaussian Blur filter so that by default it now clamps to the edge of your image, instead of bringing in transparent pixelsfrom outside.
- New scripting API for replacing text in all the text boxes in a document.
- Better textselection for ranges with line height set to something smaller than the font size.
- Fixed a problem where gradients on layer masks with transparency wouldn't blend correctly.
- Fixed a problem where Acorn would become unresponsive when opening up bad SVG files.
- Dragging and dropping colors on the shape palette mini color wells now correctly sets the right colors for the selected shapes.
- Fixed an old old bug with Color Profiles and dealing with variousblending issues. If your image has layers with transparency, you might see a slight change in how the blending is performed.
- Fixed a crasher which could occur if you were rapidly changing the width or height of a PNG when using Web Export.
- Fixed a bug where the clone and smudge tools weren't working for folks.
- Fixed a rare and very vexing crasher which would happen sometimes when using a crop preset.
- Fixed a bug where setting the height of a bezier path wouldn't work correctly in the inspector.
- Fixed a bug where outlining a bezier shape wouldn't always render the correct line join style.
- Fixed an issue where your layer could become progressively lighter if the Pixel Processing Profile was set to Generic and yourimage color profile was set to sRGB.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later