AKVIS Enhancer works in three modes: Improve Detail, Prepress, and Tone Correction. The main goal for these modes is the same - correction, but the methods and the results are quite different. Different photos require different approaches at correction, in many cases the modes complement one another.
In Improve Detail mode the program brings out details on an image by intensifying color transition. It strengthens the difference between adjacent pixels having different color gradations and therefore allows revealing not only details in the shadow but even details in the overexposed and mid tone areas.
This mode is useful in cases when a photo has an uneven exposure. For example, when a picture has been taken with the background overexposed and consequently the foreground is hardly discernible, which is especially annoying when you take a picture of a person; or when a photo lacks dramatic effect due to vagueness of the scene.
In Prepress mode the program helps to adjust photos before printing or publishing online. Use this mode to increase the sharpness of borders and the contrast of the image. Even a high quality photograph needs prepress processing that will give it a professional look.
In Tone Correction mode the program makes сorrections of an image in the light and dark areas. As a result the overall impression of the image improves considerably. Changes can be made to the entire image or only to a part of it depending on the selected colors.
The software is useful not only for correction of family and art photos, but can be efficient as well in technical use. Publishers of technical literature can apply Enhancer to show equipment illustrations in detail; doctors can use Enhancer to increase the level of detail on roentgenograms, etc.
The program is easy to use and learn. You can save frequently used settings as presets and use them in the future. It optimizes your work and saves you time.
AKVIS Enhancer supports Batch Processing that lets you automatically process a series of images with the same settings.
- Added the Share option that lets users post pictures from the program to the social services: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Google+.
- Added compatibility of the plugin with Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Photoshop Elements 12, and Corel PaintShop Pro X6.
- Added support for Mamiya RAW format(*.MOS) and extended the list of supported digital cameras from FUJIFILM, SONY, NIKON, etc.
- Changed the options of displaying the Hints Panel (removed the old "yellow" style).
- Changed the installation process for Windows. Now there are two setup files: for Windows 32 bit and for Windows 64 bit.
- Fixed minor bugs and interface glitches.
- OS X 10.4 or later