Arq is super-easy online backup for the Mac. Back up to your own Google Drive storage (15GB free storage), your own Amazon Glacier ($.01/GB per month storage) or S3, or any SFTP server. Arq backs up and faithfully restores all the special metadata of Mac files that other products don't, including resource forks, ACLs, and creator codes.
- Arq works like Time Machine, except you don't have to remember to plug in your external hard drive. Following the initial backup, Arq automatically makes incremental backups every hour, every day, uploading just the files that have changed since your last backup. Arq keeps hourly backups for the past 24 hours, daily backups for the past month, and weekly backups for everything older than a month.
- Arq lets you set a budget for storage, and it automatically drops the oldest backups to keep within the budget.
- Arq backs up everything with no limits. It backs up files of any size, external drives, and network drives.
- Arq compresses and "de-duplicates" your backups, never storing the same file twice in the cloud. Arq encrypts all your backups with a password that never leaves your computer, so no one can read your cloud backups.
- You can back up to multiple "targets". Back up some files to Glacier, some to S3, some to an SFTP server, etc. You can also back up to Amazon, GreenQloud, DreamObjects, Google Cloud Storage, or any other S3-compatible service.
Additional plans, which include storage and additional features, are available.
- Massively faster with multiple threads and LZ4 compression
- Much smaller memory footprint than Arq 4
- Search for files across all backup records
- More control over network usage: prevent backups while tethered to your phone!
- Detailed backup session logging
- Detailed email reports: what's being backed up, how much was uploaded, how long it took
- Back up to a local folder or NAS
- Run scripts before and after backup
- Support for AWS S3 "Infrequent Access" storage class
- Auto-update (no more installing Arq updates)
- CPU throttling
- "Exclude items skipped by Time Machine" option
- Encryption improvements
- Lots of smaller improvements
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.7 or later