Audio Hijack (was Audio Hijack Pro) drastically changes the way you use audio on your computer, giving you the freedom to listen to audio when you want and how you want. Record and enhance any audio with Audio Hijack - it's the cornerstone of your digital audio experience.
Audio Hijack will allow you to record any application's audio, from Internet streams to DVD audio and everywhere in between. If your machine can play it, Audio Hijack can record it. And that's not all - Audio Hijack will also enhance any audio, unsing industry-standard VST and AudioUnit audio effects to make your music sound incredible. Record. Enhance. Enjoy!
- Major Enhancement: When VoiceOver is running, the "VoiceOver" and "com.apple.speech" background apps are are automatically listed in a new section in the Source selector, to make it easier to select them for audio capture.
- Major Enhancement: The Instant On component has been updated to version 8.1.3, with full support for Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), as well as other minor fixes.
- Enhancement: Several additional VoiceOver improvements have been made to the Source menu found in Application Blocks. Shift-Space and Option-Space are now equivalent to option-clicking the menu, to reveal background sources, and the title of the Source menu is now properly read when tabbing to it. Thanks to all our VoiceOver users for their feedback!
- Enhancement: Audio Hijack now better handles missing audio devices, useful when devices are unplugged, and when Sessions are imported from another machine.
- Minor Enhancement: Copying or importing sessions is now better handled to avoid confusing duplicate names.
- Bug Fix: We've worked around a crash-on-quit which could occur when using IKMultimedia's AudioUnit plugins.
- Bug Fix: Scrolling of the Home window is now improved in the Recordings and Schedule tabs.
- Bug Fix: Popovers now animate better, and are improved on El Capitan.
- Other: When a Block is turned off, it's now stopped entirely. In short, this leads things to behave logically and as expected.
- Other: When clicked, pinned popovers no longer bring forward their session (if Audio Hijack is in the foreground), nor other Audio Hijack windows (if Audio Hijack is in the background).
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.9 or later