Meet the fastest, most powerful editing tool available. With Media Composer 5 software, you can work with more formats and in more ways than ever before, and speed through common media barriers to get right to what really matters — telling a great story.
Media Composer goes where other video editing systems leave off, giving you full-featured editorial tools, the fastest file-based workflows around, dependable media management, and innovative features that save you time — and money. Whether you’re cutting films, TV shows, short-format videos, or other media, in the studio or on the road, or using a Mac or a PC, you can edit the way you want, wherever you want, and in ways you never thought possible with Media Composer.
Need to Capture, Edit, Monitor, and Output Media?
Put the power of Media Composer and a high-performance hardware interface in your creative hands to maximize your potential.
- Directly access and edit RED files through AMA, without transcoding (images are scaled to HD frame size)
- Work natively with QuickTime video formats, including Apple ProRes and H.264
- Edit video and audio by dragging and dropping elements in the timeline
- Keep high-end finishing projects in-house and gain great color precision with HD-RGB support (including dual-link I/O support with Nitris DX systems)
- Monitor video externally with support for the Matrox MXO2 Mini
- Mix and match frame sizes and aspect ratios — in addition to formats, frame rates, and resolutions — in the same timeline
- Take a break during long renders and have your system email you when the job’s done
- Import AVCHD files directly from cameras and other devices
- Capture to and edit XDCAM HD and DVC PRO HD formats from baseband without additional hardware
- Access low-res XDCAM proxies for offline work, with full-quality audio
- Import text-based ancillary data and embed it in the video signal with the new “Data Track” and SMPTE 436M support using Nitris DX- and Mojo DX-based systems
- View stereo audio tracks as single channels in the timeline for easier handling
- Create high-quality sounds and mixes with support for RTAS audio processing plug-ins
- Natively access and edit 4:2:2 MPEG-2 media from the new Canon cameras using AMA
- Computer: Avid-qualified Mac-based computer or laptop* (see details)
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard)
- Processor: Intel Dual or Intel Dual Core 2.66 GHz Xeon processor or faster, or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz processor or faster (laptops)
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM (4 GB of RAM recommended)
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce family**
- Internal Hard Drive: Minimum 80 GB 7200 rpm hard disk
- Optical Drive: DVD drive for disc-based software installation