Cartographica is a Geographic Information System (GIS) for your Mac with which you can explore and refine data, create beautiful maps, export information for the web using Google Maps and Google Earth (via our KML Export capabilities).
Merge data from several sources. Get local data from your government in CSV Latitude and Longitude (or in your state plane, Cartographica has a deep understanding of Coordinate Reference Systems), add to that with satellite or topographical information using Web Map Services such as Terraserver or NASA's Blue Earth, bring in street information from US Census Bureau TIGER, and see them all together in one place.
Cartographica embraces key Macintosh technologies including the use of Drag & Drop, 64-bit data access, ODBC for database access, pervasive undo, scroll wheels, and much more to provide the best Macintosh experience when viewing, editing, and outputting your geospatial data.
- Flexible file import with a huge library of formats for raster, vector, and tabular data
- Rapid filtering of data using the search bar
- Sophisticated map layout capabilities for printed and PDF maps
- Flexible styles to show your data in an easy-to-understand way
- Direct editing to add or modify data by hand
- Prevasive undo support, so you can safely try any operation
- Synchronized data/map browsing--see your data on the map and in a table simultaneously
- Geocoding to convert addresses into map data
- Direct database access via ODBC
- Superb Google Maps and Google Earth export using our proprietary KML exporter
- Adobe Illustrator export including imagery, maps, scales, and legends
- WMS and WFS support for retrieving geospatial data over the internet from web map and web feature servers
- Intelligent projection management-tell Cartographica what CRS your data is in and it will do the rest
- GPS Import
- We are still trying to track down some circumstances when on 10.9+ systems certain areas of the screen do not immediately refresh. If you experience this problem, please report it. If you can figure out what series of commands makes it happen,please let us know. If it does happen to you, zoom the map and then go back to your previous size and the problem should go away.
- Grid labels do not show up
- Grid label sample text can be edited--should just be able to change the text attributes
- Improved load times for large files (3M point example file now loads in 110s instead of 440s)
- Fixed bug when exporting layer features when the layer has no name
- Fixed bug when handling empty grid snapper and grid values
- Fixed rare crash in importing with join when a layer has no name
- Fixed rare bug where progress window would crash on import.
- Fixed bug which could crash when joining to an existing layer which is selected at the time
- Fixed crash when distributing n-tile distributions with no values
- Fixed bug when dragging and dropping EXIF or vCard files
- Fixed very rare crash in Voronoi Diagrams
- Fixed crashing bug in Map Info when layer had a non-existent name
- Fixed rare bug in drawing when projection results in NAN (non-infinite invalid numbers)
- Fixed out-of-bounds error when gridding
- Fixed crash when using invalid bounds in a map
- Fixed crash when exporting old-format images from a layer. This will only affect very old Cartographica MapSet files. A warning is now presented suggesting replacement of the images in the layer with newly imported ones.
- Hopefully fixed rare bug in closing the Import panel
- Fixed bug which cause Map Layout printing to use lower resolution than specified
- Fixed rare bug which could result in a crash while changing layers
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.7.5 or later minimum
- OS X 10.9.4 or later recommended