CodeKit helps you build websites faster and better.
Live Browser Reloads:
Instantly see changes in your browser, with animation and without hitting the refresh button or installing plugins. Great for tweaking layouts!
Combine and Minify:
Losslessly reduce JPEG and PNG file sizes with one click and see the savings. One less thing to do at deployment. (More compression options coming soon!)
JSHint and JSLint:
Makes debugging scripts fun and easy. Instantly find that one hanging comma that kills IE, or enforce coding styles and best practices across teams.
Sync project settings across teams and computers in an open JSON format. Keep everyone on the same page or easily jumpstart new sites.
Keep just one copy of a file on your drive and easily use it across many projects without worrying about file paths. No more copying files into every new site.
It Just Works:
There's nothing to install or configure. No mucking around the command line. Just run the app and start working. It's that easy.
- Variables in Kit files can now be set to nil:
<!-- $myVar = nil -->
- When nil, a variable is essentially a no-op; nothing is put in its place in the final HTML output.
- It's still an error to have undefined variables; they must be something or nil.
- This makes it easy to do stuff like active classes on nav menu items, etc.
- Doug Crockford recently overhauled JSLint to be less Donald Trump-ish. Most of the old options are gone and only a few remain. This release includes the new JSLint and you might actually like it because it will no longer find 4,567 errors in a 25-line file.
- Libsass --> 3.2.5
- Sass --> 3.2.16
- Less --> 2.5.1
- Stylus --> 0.52.0
- CoffeeScript --> 1.9.3
- Slim --> 3.0.6
- Windows --> 10
- Jade --> 1.11.0
- TypeScript --> 1.5.3
- Uglify --> 2.4.24
- Autoprefixer --> 5.2
- Node --> 12.7
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.8 or later