DEVONthink Pro Office is a knowledge base, information manager, and much more. In today’s world, everything is digital. From shopping receipts to important research papers, your life often fills your hard drive in the form of emails, PDFs, Word documents, multimedia files, and more. Questions eventually pop up, like where do you store all of this stuff? How do you organize these very different file types, and even better, how do you find the exact file you’re looking for the second you need it? It’s almost as if you need a second brain just to keep your digital life straight.
DEVONthink is the solution to the digital age conundrum. It is your second brain, the one and only database for all your digital files, be they PDFs, emails, Word docs, or even multimedia files. Boasting a refined artificial intelligence, DEVONthink is exceedingly flexible and adapts to your personal needs. And if the files are not digital yet, digitize them with DEVONthink Pro Office.
Use it as your document repository, your filing cabinet, your email archive, or your project organizer; DEVONthink can do it all. You can even collect and organize data from the Web for your own use, enrich it with sound and movie files from your hard drive, and then export the finished product as a Web site or to an Apple Pages document to print, should you so desire. Or copy the content to your iPod! The possibilities are only as limited as your imagination.
DEVONthink Professional Office extends DEVONthink Pro with three additional modules: Pro-grade email archiving, paper capture including optical character recognition, and integrated Web sharing (search only.)
- Adds the ability to import files and folders from the Finder into the database and move the originals to the trash by holding the ⌘Command key while dragging.
- Adds new date-related smart group conditions.
- Adds full suport for ".webhistory" and ".webbookmark" bookmark files.
- Adds ".asciidoc" to the list of known plain text extensions.
- Adds "export website" and "reformat" AppleScript commands.
- Adds the alternate menu item Help > Report Bug (press the ⌥Option key to show).
- Improves the compatibility to OS X Yosemite 10.10.2.
- Displays the number of total and finished items to the Activity panel.
- Retains the tags of documents when splitting them. All parts are now correctly put into the same groups as the original document.
- Creates only one highlight, underline, or strike-through PDF annotation in case of more than one selected line.
- Improves the conversion of HTML pages to plain text.
- Tools > Verify & Repair checks also the unique identifier (UUID) of databases and repairs it if necessary.
- Makes "lproj" subfolders optional for .dtTemplate packages. Creating non-localized templates is now as simple as creating a new folder in the Finder and adding ".dtTemplate" to its name.
- Improves the way the Download Manager sets Finder comments.
- Makes many AppleScript database queries up to 50 times faster, processing lots of results of such queries is now even faster.
- Adds Retina splash screens.
- Improves the look of the Scripts menu icon on OS X Yosemite.
- Updates the look of the in-app help to OS X Yosemite. Newer images are optimized for Retina displays.
- Improves the French localization.
- Improves the overall performance and reliability.
- Addresses graphical glitches of QuickLook-based views on OS X Yosemite by working around them.
- Fixes glitches of the group selector and the Groups & Tags panel on OS X Yosemite depending on System Preferences > Accessibility > Display.
- Fixes an issue with OCR creating large documents on OS X Yosemite because the JFIF resolution of JPEG scans created by OS X is currently invalid.
- Fixes page up/down keyboard handling of PDF views on OS X Yosemite.
- Fixes an issue where databases were sometimes not reopened on OS X Yosemite after launching the application.
- Improves the memory management to work around issues of OS X.
- Updates sync with minor cosmetic changes and fixes for threading issues while quitting.
- Updates the Sorter fixing two rare issues.
- Prevents files from inside the database package from being imported or indexed.
- Fixes an issue where smart groups in index pages created by the website export were not clickable.
- Resolves an issue where the PubMed smart template failed in case of only one result.
- Fixes the OPML import.
- Addresses further minor glitches.
- Removes View > Sort > Ignore Umlauts. Sorting uses now system-wide settings