DEVONthink Pro Office is a knowledge base, information manager, and much more. In today's world, everything is digital. From shopping receipts to important research papers, your life often fills your hard drive in the form of emails, PDFs, Word documents, multimedia files, and more. Questions eventually pop up, like where do you store all of this stuff? How do you organize these very different file types, and even better, how do you find the exact file you're looking for the second you need it? It's almost as if you need a second brain just to keep your digital life straight.
DEVONthink is the solution to the digital age conundrum. It is your second brain, the one and only database for all your digital files, be they PDFs, emails, Word docs, or even multimedia files. Boasting a refined artificial intelligence, DEVONthink is exceedingly flexible and adapts to your personal needs. And if the files are not digital yet, digitize them with DEVONthink Pro Office.
Use it as your document repository, your filing cabinet, your email archive, or your project organizer; DEVONthink can do it all. You can even collect and organize data from the Web for your own use, enrich it with sound and movie files from your hard drive, and then export the finished product as a Web site or to an Apple Pages document to print, should you so desire. Or copy the content to your iPod! The possibilities are only as limited as your imagination.
DEVONthink Professional Office extends DEVONthink Pro with three additional modules: Pro-grade email archiving, paper capture including optical character recognition, and integrated Web sharing (search only.)
Note: Now requires OS X 10.9 or later
- Next-Generation Synchronization.
- Email messages (.emlx) files containing HTML content can be converted to HTML and formatted notes and are supported by website export and the web interface. Requires OS X Yosemite or later.
- Navigation toolbar item of main windows supports text-only mode.
- Added '.ips.beta' to list of known plain text extensions.
- Handling of selections with thousands of items made up to 2000 times faster.
- Rewritten installation of ScanSnap/ExactScan support is now part of the Install Add-Ons panel (if the applications are installed).
- Renamed template Address Book Card to Business Card and template folder Addresses & Dates to Contacts & Events.
- Renamed Help > Bookmarklets to Help > Extensions & Bookmarklets.
- Clipping web pages as rich text or formatted note strips unnecessary headers created by Instapaper's reformatting.
- The default plain text font is now Menlo Regular 11pt.
- Thumbnails of very long PDF pages, e.g. captured web pages, are now scaled to width.
- Thumbnails of images with opaque alpha channel are stored as JPEG files and use much less space than before. Speeds up the synchronization and reduces sync store size.
- Search syntax is removed before copying search queries to find pasteboard so that Edit > Find > Find Next/Previous can be used more often immediately.
- Handling of tab stops of plain text views.
- User agent compatibility of Download Manager.
- Missing indexed files/folders located on unmounted volumes aren't reported anymore by Tools > Verify & Repair.
- AppleScript support.
- VoiceOver support.
- Parsing of '.DSStore' files.
- Handling of background tasks.
- Error handling.
- Archiving the same email messages multiple times could create items with duplicate UUIDs, requiring the database to be repaired.
- Thumbnails of PDF documents, e.g. merged images, sometimes used the wrong size.
- Text of .emlx files wasn't indexed and .emlx files couldn't be converted to plain text on OS X Yosemite.
- Glitches of token fields in HUD windows.
- Glitch of Info panel.
- Corrupted '.DS_Store' files could crash DEVONthink Pro Office.
- Memory leaks.
- Obsolete Scripts > Reminders > Add as To Do to TaskPaper.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.9 or later