Disk Drill is a Mac data recovery software designed natively for Mac OS: easily protect your files from accidental deletion with Recovery Vault and recover lost data from Mac disks. Most of storage devices, file types and file systems are supported. You can recover deleted files from iPhone and Android devices! Disk Drill offers helpful and free tools for disk management like duplicate file finder, byte-to-byte backups, disk cleanup and space visualization, bootable data recovery drive, disk health monitoring, etc.
When something is deleted Recovery Vault makes it possible to recover not only the file itself, but also its properties, such as original file name, location, etc. So you will always be able to recover data from Mac files system (HFS/HFS+) and FAT32 partitions. Disk Drill also includes powerful S.M.A.R.T. disk monitoring right out-of-the-box; you can monitor your disks' hardware status and get automatic notifications of potential failures or other issues. If a disk or partition is failing, you can easily backup it into a disk image (DMG) which can later be mounted for recovery.
Disk Drill PRO also features a number of advanced scanning modes for data recovery of FAT, NTFS, HFS/HFS+, other file systems and formatted (initialized) drives. Using Quick Scan you can locate deleted items on FAT and NTFS disks, this scanning method is fast and accurate, but is unlikely to find data deleted long ago. With Deep Scan you can try to recover data from any disk or memory card regardless of their file system. This recovery method is long and thorough, it scans your disk in a binary mode and is capable of finding deleted files even after formatting.
- Deep Scan groups "Identified" items with file names reconstructed based on recoverable meta information
- JP2 (JPEG2000 image) and LAYOUT (Google SketchUp LayOut document) formats can now be recovered with Deep Scan
- Substantially improved recovery of ExFat partitions and their original file structures
- Better MP4 videos recovery, including some videos created with dash cams that add GPS data to them
- Improved connection and detection of Android 7.x devices
- Improved notifications on found partitions
- Updated app access protection via master-password
- Improved sorting in the scanning results screen when switching file types and filters
- Fixed: Icons mode losing thumbnails when the scanning results are mounted as disk
- Fixed: random crash when Guaranteed Recovery is enabled
- Fixed: HEX view hotkey in Icons view modes in scanning results
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.8.5 or later