EagleFiler makes managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a standard three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
- With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
- EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
- Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
- Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
- View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, and a snippet collector. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It's the most flexible tool on your Mac.
- Tagging lots of records at once is much faster.
- Updated the Web archive to PDF script for compatibility with EagleFiler 1.6.3 and later.
- Added improved instructions for installing and running supplemental AppleScripts.
- Updated and improved the following sections of the manual:
- If Outlook is slow to respond when capturing, EagleFiler now logs some information to Console to help diagnose the problem.
- Worked around a bug in Mac OS X 10.10 that could prevent changing fonts from the Preferences window.
- Worked around an OS bug that prevented bookmark files from being resolved.
- The About EagleFiler window now uses the new system font on Mac OS X 10.10.
- The About EagleFiler window now uses the system language names when crediting localizers, to reduce the number of strings that localizers need to keep up-to-date.
- Increased the font size in the Software Update… window on Mac OS X 10.10.
- Fixed a bug where setting a record’s tags via AppleScript didn’t always work properly for non-ASCII tag names.
- Fixed a bug capturing from Outlook when there were empty messages.
- Fixed a bug where capturing didn’t work with newer versions of Together and Yojimbo.
- Fixed a bug where temporary files from indexing were not cleaned up promptly.
- OS X 10.6.8 or later