Filter Forge is a high-end graphic app which allows you to generate textures, create visual effects, enhance photos, and process images. It features several thousand ready-made realistic and abstract textures and effects, and a powerful visual editor to create custom ones.
The listed price is for the Basic version of Filter Forge. You can compare the different versions and their options on the developer site.
Note: Version 6 is a paid upgrade from version 5.
- Full 64-bit support - For years, the legacy API prevented Filter Forge from utilizing all available memory, hampering rendering speed and stability. Forge 6.0 introduces full 64-bit support for performance and stability improvements.
- Mappable checkbox inputs - Filter Forge 6.0 updates 33 existing components by making their checkbox inputs mappable, enabling greater flexibility in filter creation.
- Support for drag-and-drop on the Presets tab - Every filter author must have stumbled into this: you create a filter and want to carefully select presets to showcase its usage, but arranging filter presets is pain. With Filter Forge 6 the pain is gone: you can now drag-and-drop presets to reorder them.
- Fixed an issue with the Circular Arc component
- Fixed an issue where nested Loop components were no longer allowed
- Fixed an issue where a loop with a large number of iterations could lead to a crash
- OS X 10.8 or later
- Multi-core Intel CPU
- Internet connection to access the Filter Library and submit filters
- 32- or 64-bit host application to use Filter Forge in the plugin mode