FontExplorer X Pro is optimized for professional use; it's the solution that gives you the power you need to manage all your fonts.
Now you can more easily manage, activate and organize your existing font collection as well as find and experiment with new fonts. Whether you've got a hard drive full of typefaces or a few cherished families, FontExplorer X Pro handles your font library quickly, efficiently and reliably. And when you're ready to add to your collection, you can view thousands of classic designs and the latest releases from independent foundries using the integrated store.
FontExplorer X Pro features an enhanced user interface with a configurable toolbar, activation control, comprehensive font information at your fingertips, customizable font previews, back-up functionality and access to FontExplorer X Server. Used together, FontExplorer X Pro and FontExplorer X Server are your complete solution for organizing, exploring and buying fonts and managing font licenses.
Note: Version 5 is a paid upgrade of $49.00. If you previously purchased after April 1, 2015, you may be eligible for a free upgrade. Visit this page to check upgrade eligibility.
New Features and Improvements
- Added full support for OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- In the FontExplorer X Pro print dialog, it was not possible to "Manage Custom Sizes" in the "Print Layout" panel
- FontExplorer X Pro randomly crashed after being in the idle state for some time
- Global font requests/activation did not work for iWork 08 documents
- Various minor user interface improvements
Plug-Ins - Resolved
- QuarkXPress 2015 was crashing when quit if the FontExplorer X Pro plug-in was installed
- When the Adobe Plug-Ins were installed by FontExplorer X Pro they did not have the same permissions as the parent folder
Plug-Ins - Known Issues
- Photoshop CS5��"CC 2014: Fonts in layered TIFF files are not activated by the plugin. Activation occurs correctly when converted to a PSD file
- Missing fonts are not detected in Illustrator PDF files and no font request occurs
- No font request occurs on EPS documents with non-embedded fonts
FontExplorer X Server Users and Administrators - Known Issues
- Imported LDAP users are not shown in Account Management and status shows "not imported" if before completing the import process a source list item is selected, the changes in the LDAP panel saved, then return to the LDAP panel and complete the import process
- If a nested LDAP Security Group name contains special characters such as *, /, ( or ) then the users inside the nested group are not shown
- The Preview feature for non-downloaded server fonts does not support previewing of Mac or Windows PostScript fonts. A message indicates that these font types need to be downloaded in order to preview
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.8 or later
- FontExplorer X Server version 1.9 or later (for server connect) (version 2.0 recommended)