FontExplorer X Pro is optimized for professional use; it's the solution that gives you the power you need to manage all your fonts.
Now you can more easily manage, activate and organize your existing font collection as well as find and experiment with new fonts. Whether you've got a hard drive full of typefaces or a few cherished families, FontExplorer X Pro handles your font library quickly, efficiently and reliably. And when you're ready to add to your collection, you can view thousands of classic designs and the latest releases from independent foundries using the integrated store.
FontExplorer X Pro features an enhanced user interface with a configurable toolbar, activation control, comprehensive font information at your fingertips, customizable font previews, back-up functionality and access to FontExplorer X Server. Used together, FontExplorer X Pro and FontExplorer X Server are your complete solution for organizing, exploring and buying fonts and managing font licenses.
Note: Version 5 is a paid upgrade of $49.00. If you previously purchased after April 1, 2015, you may be eligible for a free upgrade. Visit this page to check upgrade eligibility.
New Features and Improvements
- Added support for OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) to the "Clean System Font Folder" feature
- An error message appeared in the console log when FontExplorer X Pro tried to activate Fonts
- Under certain conditions in Tile View, all Fonts were exported although only one Font was selected
- Various minor user interface improvements in all three language versions of FontExplorer X Pro
- When the application language was set to French, selecting the "Print" function resulted in a crash
- FontExplorer X Pro crashed on startup when double-clicking on the software license file (ClientLicense.fcl) opened the Setup Assistant
- A crash occurred when opening the "Settings" popover in Mini View under OS X 10.8
- When resolving duplicate fonts in conflicts view, a crash occurred
- When a Mac administration password was required to install the Adobe CC 2015 plug-ins the installation failed
- Sporadic crashes occurred when enabling "Font Folder Protection", copying Font files to the Organized Font Folder or when a System Font request was generated by the Adobe Illustrator application
- When FontExplorer X Pro plug-ins for Adobe CC 2015 applications were install from a Mac administrator account no other Mac user account had access to the plug-ins
Plug-Ins: Known Issues
- Photoshop CS5��"CC 2014: Fonts in layered TIFF files are not activated by the plugin. Activation occurs correctly when converted to a PSD file
- Missing fonts are not detected in Illustrator PDF files and no font request occurs
- No font request occurs on EPS documents with non-embedded fonts
Fontexplorer X Server Users and Administrators: Known Issues
- Imported LDAP users are not shown in Account Management and status shows "not imported" if before completing the import process a source list item is selected, the changes in the LDAP panel saved, then return to the LDAP panel and complete the import process
- If a nested LDAP Security Group name contains special characters such as *, /, ( or ) then the users inside the nested group are not shown
- The Preview feature for non-downloaded server fonts does not support previewing of Mac or Windows PostScript fonts. A message indicates that these font types need to be downloaded in order to preview
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.8 or later
- FontExplorer X Server version 1.9 or later (for server connect) (version 2.0 recommended)