- Compose texts and place calls in seconds
- Quickly read and reply to new text messages
- Listen to new voicemails and read their transcripts
- Return new missed calls immediately from your menubar
- Notifies you instantly of new messages, unlike other Google Voice apps that can take minutes
GrowlVoice can either notify you through Growl (http://www.growl.info), or through "basic" notifications that require no third party software. To reply to a notification, just click it.
If you have unread messages, GrowlVoice displays the count succinctly within its icon in your menubar.
In GrowlVoice's drop down menu, you can view the unread count for your inbox, texts, voicemails, and missed calls. Clicking on one of them will take you to the respective Google Voice inbox in your browser.
A Google Voice account is required to use this app.
To ensure that GrowlVoice is able to alert you of missed calls, enable "Place missed calls in the inbox" in the "Calls" tab in your Google Voice settings.
- Added a short welcome process to easily add an account on first launch
- Small visual interface updates
- Various Snow Leopard bugfixes
- Small visual updates to the GrowlVoice icon
- Pressing a global shortcut with the corresponding GrowlVoice window already open now properly dismisses it
- Fixed a bug caused by automatic text replacement that could cause strange characters to show up in received messages
- Fixed a bug that could cause the GrowlVoice preferences window to open when clicking a Growl notification
- Fixed a bug that caused a jarring "pop-in" of the GrowlVoice preferences window
- Fixed a bug that could cause the cursor to start in the compose text message field instead of the number field
- Various small crash fixes
- Text messages can be populated via the GrowlVoice URL scheme with the new message argument (growlvoice:123456790?text&message=message)