HandsFree lets you use your Mac to make phone calls, send/receive text messages*, record conversations, see call lists and more. It couldn't be any easier. With HandsFree running in the background (with the always available status icon and menu), you don't have to worry about missing a call or a text message. And we think the best part is that it works with any Bluetooth enabled phone. That's right, your Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, or iPhone is compatible. It's like Yosemite's Continuity except for everyone and with more features.
- Wirelessly connect to your phone using Bluetooth.
- Call using the contacts list, use the dial pad or make a call directly from the Contacts app.
- View incoming SMS (text messages) right on your Mac.
- Send or reply to an SMS from your Mac. (Support for sending text messages requires a non-iOS phone. iPhones do not support sending text messages over Bluetooth. For Android, it requires version 4.4.4 or higher.)
- Quickly see missed, incoming and outgoing call lists.
- Record important calls.
We love hearing from our customers, so please feel free to email anytime for support or comments at [email protected]. We do our best to answer within one business day.
- Contact phone numbers now have a text label for easier identification instead of an icon
- Dial pad window now moves just below the outgoing call window for a better user experience
- App stability across the board
- Using a new and clearer icon for switching audio sources in the call dialog
- Completely re-written engine that deals with getting the phonebooks (outgoing, incoming, missed and contacts), getting existing SMS, listening for new SMS and sending SMS; the reliabilty of these features should be quite a bit better now
- Potential crash when closing the outgoing call window
- Potential crash when the phone is disconnected suddenly (ex: out of range)
- Issue where the option to send a text message would sometimes not appear after connecting to the phone
- Issue where connecting to an iPhone would sometimes fail, leaving the app in an unusable state
- Issue where the caller name would have garbage characters when using an iPhone
- Issue where the dial pad would quickly jump up then back down in height when a call was placed
- Attachment icon overlapping the text message subject in the menu item
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.9 or later