HoudahSpot is a powerful yet accessible desktop search software. Use HoudahSpot to locate hard-to-find files and keep frequently used files within reach. HoudahSpot builds upon Spotlight, which comes preinstalled with OS X. It makes Spotlight both more powerful and easier to use.
Start with a simple search. Refine it by adding and combining criteria. Quickly sort through search results. Add columns. Apply filters. Preview files and text matches.
If you've ever had a hard time finding a file before, this is the tool you've been looking for.
- Find files by name, text, content kind, author, recipient, pixel count, etc.
- Combine criteria to narrow down search results
- Specify which folders to search and which ones to exclude
- Add any of the hundreds of columns available
- Apply filters to reduce search results to only the relevant items
- Preview files and text matches
- Open files and, where the application supports it, continue searching for text matches by pressing command-G (Find Next)
- Set up templates for recurring searches
- Added French localization. Disponible en version française.
- HoudahSpot searches can now be exported as Finder Smart Folders
- You can now temporarily disable individual search criteria. This is particularly useful in combination with templates: have different criteria preconfigured, enable as needed
- You can now search for the asterisk character by entering *. Without the backslash, the asterisk is used as wildcard to match any number of characters.
- Text preview now has arrow buttons to navigate between highlighted matches
- Grid view now shows full names and additional information on hover
- "Copy as Tab Delimited" now includes column headers
- Added more options when searching by file extension or kind
- Added a sample template that searches for HD video files.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later (OS X 10.11 supported)
- Spotlight enabled