Use HoudahSpot to locate hard-to-find files and keep frequently used files within reach. HoudahSpot builds upon Spotlight, which comes preinstalled with OS X. It makes Spotlight both more powerful and easier to use.
Start with a simple search. Refine it by adding and combining criteria. Quickly sort through search results. Add columns. Apply filters. Preview files and text matches.
If you've ever had a hard time finding a file before, this is the tool you've been looking for.
- Find files by name, text, content kind, author, recipient, pixel count, etc.
- Combine criteria to narrow down search results
- Specify which folders to search and which ones to exclude
- Add any of the hundreds of columns available
- Apply filters to reduce search results to only the relevant items
- Preview files and text matches
- Open files and, where the application supports it, continue searching for text matches by pressing command-G (Find Next)
- Set up templates for recurring searches
- Adds option to show relative dates in the search results list
- Adds Apple Script commands to set view options
- Fixes an issue where the grid view showed file previews in icon mode
- Fixes a potential crash when nesting search criteria in a group
Note: HoudahSpot 4.0 is a paid upgrade from previous versions. A single-user upgrade license is priced at $17. The trial version will load your current license file and offer you the option to purchase an upgrade. Licenses purchased on or after November 1, 2014 qualify for a free upgrade.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later
- Spotlight enabled