iDefrag helps defragment and optimize your disk for improved performance. Features include:
- Supports HFS and HFS+ (Mac OS Extended).
- Supports case sensitive and journaled filesystems.
- Supports adaptive hot file clustering ("Hot Zone").
- Four powerful defragmentation algorithms:
- Compact data, moving all free space to one place.
- Optimize filesystem metadata.
- On-line defragmentation.
- Defragment whilst your disk is mounted.
- Advanced programmable optimization.
- Rearrange your disk the way you want.
- B-Tree metadata file compaction/optimization support.
- High-performance user-defined file classification engine.
- Per-block and accurate whole disk display.
- Detailed statistics so you know whether you need to optimize.
- Inspector allows you to view details of individual extents/files.
- Quickly jump to specific files to examine them in more detail.
- Altivec accelerated display for improved performance.
- Auto-update feature ensures you always have the latest version.
- Fine-grained security, just like iPartition.
- AppleScript support.
Note: iDefrag 5 is a paid upgrade from previous versions. License owners can upgrade for $19.95.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.10 or later running on a 64-bit Intel processor.
- Fully OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatible version.
- New Yosemite-style UI.
- New "Selected Files" algorithm.
- New, rewritten documentation.
- Better handling of bad blocks.
- Improved support for Retina displays.
- Simpler, easier-to-understand statistics.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later