iMazing (was DiskAid) is the ultimate iOS device manager with capabilities far beyond what iTunes offers. With iMazing and your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod), you can:
- Copy music to and from any iOS device (even from one iOS device to another!), regardless of what Mac or PC the device is already synced to. Music transfer done right, without limitations or restrictions.
- Backup & restore individual iOS apps along with your custom saved data, perfect for freeing up space on your iOS device without losing your files, great for installing apps including your data on another iOS device you own.
- Transfer files to and from an iOS device, and browse the iOS file system.
- Use your iOS device like a USB key.
- Browse and save messages (SMS, MMS, iMessage), voicemails, and call logs, none of which iTunes can do.
- Browse, save, and add contacts to your iPhone, without automatically adding them to your iCloud account.
- Browse and manage multiple backups of the same iOS device. Chose which data sets you want to restore.
- And other amazing things you never thought possible!
Note: Version 2 is a paid upgrade from version 1. iMazing licenses purchased after 13 March 2016 are upgraded to iMazing 2 for free; others can upgrade for 50% off. Details can be found here.
- Full iOS 10 Compatibility, including for encrypted backups
- Full iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Compatibility
- Automatic archiving of backups: backups are not overwritten, and disk use is optimised to store many backups of a single device
- Backups popover: navigate your device’s backup history
- Backup history cleaner: iMazing will offer to delete older backups of a device if they take too much space
- Ability to set backup locations per device
- Step-by-step wizards for backup, restore and transfer operations
- Restoring a backup, or transferring data from one device to another now supports choosing which apps to restore/transfer
- Wizards for activating and pairing new devices
- Battery health popover
- UI: new layout, colourful looks
- UI: Home screen and lock screen of devices are displayed in iMazing.
- Photos: iMazing will now display your entire iCloud Photo Library, even if full res pictures are not on the device. See the ‘All Photos’ album.
- Photos: Export thumbnails if the full res picture is in the cloud
- Privacy: iMazing actively encourages users to enable backup encryption 3 Data: Export raw data feature to export device backup data in files and folders
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.7 or later
- iTunes 12.2.0 or later
- iOS 4.0 or later