Attention: iMute is NOT a simple mute switch as some users described! It goes far beyond by guarding your microphone and preventing any app or website from turning it on. It will protect you from monitored by hacker or malicious websites.
When you are talking to someone about something important and don’t want to be listened to, shut down your Mac or keep iMute running.
Your MacBook’s built-in microphone is clear and sensitive, but by default, it is always on. If you wish to mute your microphone for security or other reasons, you need iMute!
iMute is displayed on top of all other apps, and it mutes your mic, guaranteed. It is perfect for use with FACETIME, SKYPE and other communication software to ensure a muted Mic.
To witness iMute’s ability, you may open up the sound panel under system preferences and notice that even if the input volume is at minimal value, you can still see that the microphone is still capturing your voice and the input indicators are flashing. You may notice that even while you are listening to music or watching movies, your microphone is still on.
But with iMute is running, the microphone is guarantied be muted!
In addition, iMute will double check the mute status every 2 minutes to secure you from hackers trying to access your mic.
iMute is to mute your mic, to mute speaker please use beQUIET
– Easy to use, No complex sliders or buttons. Simply start the app to mute and exit to un-mute
– Always-on-top display
– desktop icon can be dragged anywhere
– auto check mute status every 2 minutes
– Perfect for use with skype and other communication software to ensure a muted mic
major upgrade version, features added according to user's feature request:
- add option to switch to manual mode and enable manual control buttons
- add manual mute/unmute click status menuitem
- add red color status menu icon indicating "UNMUTE" status
- add slider control of auto check interval, auto mute checking can be set repeat from every 30 seconds to 300 seconds
- updated "more by dragonBTV" panel
OS X 10.6 or later