KeyCue has always been a handy tool for learning and remembering keyboard shortcuts. With a simple keystroke or click, KeyCue displays a table with all available keyboard shortcuts, system-wide hotkeys, as well as key combinations for triggering macros in Keyboard Maestro, QuicKeys and iKey. But KeyCue 8.0 contains a bunch of new features that take KeyCue to a whole new level. Gone are the days when KeyCue was nothing more than a menu shortcut viewer.
KeyCue 8 offers a flexible new way to define a wide variety of triggers, which can be combinations of modifier keystrokes and mouse clicks. These triggers can be used to perform different actions, like bringing up the KeyCue sheet for selected types of shortcuts, opening the KeyCue settings window, or other actions.
A completely new action that can be assigned to a trigger is to show a collection of your frequently used URLs. Simply define your own favorite URL collection together with your preferred triggers, and you are ready to use KeyCue for quickly showing a table of your URLs and invoking them with a single click. The mechanism has been designed in a flexible way to support further extensions in the future. So the URL collection is just the beginning of other actions that will be included in future versions of KeyCue.
- See. View available keyboard shortcuts based on application by pressing the Command key.
- Do. Simply type out the desired shortcut upon finding the appropriate action.
- Learn. Develop into an efficient power user by remembering repeated shortcuts or discovering previously unknown actions.
- Integration with PopChar: KeyCue can show recently used and favorite characters from PopChar and inserts them with a click (requires PopChar 7.5 or newer).
- KeyCue launches faster when a different version was installed previously.
- Works around a delay after confirming changes in KeyCue's settings.
- Significantly reduces the space occupied by KeyCue's internal icon cache.
- When Typinator or PopChar are not available, the message in the Setting window contains a clickable link to the product page.
- Fixes overlapping text items in the About tab of the Settings window.
- Works around an issue with Audacity, where KeyCue could not detect certain shortcuts.
- Fixes a rare issue that could cause unwanted application switches after selecting an item from the KeyCue table.
- Prevents a rare problem that could cause the installer to launch twice when installing an update.
- Improved technique for removing relics of previous updates.
- Works around situations in which KeyCue actions were triggered after space navigation with the ctrl key combinations.
- Fixes a problem where certain actions were triggered although the required key combinations were no longer pressed.
- OS X 10.6 or later