Microsoft Office 2016 - Unmistakably Office, designed for Mac.
The new versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote provide the best of both worlds for Mac users - the familiar Office experience paired with the best of Mac. If you already use Office on a PC or iPad, you will find yourself right at home in Office 2016 for Mac. It works the way you expect, with the familiar ribbon interface and powerful task panes. Mac users will appreciate the modernized Office experience and the integration of Mac capabilities like Full Screen view and Multi-TouchTM gestures. With full Retina display support, your Office documents look sharper and more vibrant than ever.
Office for Mac is cloud-connected, so you can quickly get to the documents you’ve recently used on other devices and pick up where you left off. New, built-in document sharing tools make it easy to invite teammates to work on a document together. When sharing documents, you won’t have to worry about losing content or formatting, as Office for Mac offers unparalleled compatibility with Office on PCs, tablets, phones and online.
Note: an office365 subscription is required.
Note: Although the full download is still 15.19.1, there are updates to both 32- and 64-bit versions of 15.25 for the components in Related Links.
Note: Subscribers can updated current installations of Office 2016 to 15.25 using Office 365.
Note To install this update, you must be running OS X Yosemite 10.10 or a later version, and you must have a valid Microsoft Office 365 subscription. Additionally, see more information about Office 365 Subscription options. If you already have Office 2011 for Mac installed, you can run Office 2011 and Office 2016 side-by-side.
- 64-Bit Outlook: Enjoy improved reliability when you work in Outlook.
- View simplified summary cards in your travel confirmation and package delivery emails, and in your calendar. For Office 365 subscribers only when using Office 365 and new or upgraded Outlook.com accounts.
- Add the at sign (@) followed by a person's name to the body of an email or calendar item. That person will automatically be added to the To line of the message. For Office 365 subscribers only.
- Calendar view now shows the correct day and event.
- Removed duplicate organizer in the schedule assistant view.
- Fixed the default font preferences for plain text messages.
- 64-Bit Excel: Enjoy improved application performance and reliability when you work with very large files.
- Find and fix accessibility issues in your spreadsheets by using the Accessibility Checker on the Review tab.
- 64-Bit Word: Enjoy improved application performance and reliability when you work with very large files.
- Find and fix accessibility issues in your documents using the Accessibility Checker on the Review tab.
- 64-Bit PowerPoint: Enjoy improved application performance and reliability when you work with very large files.
- Make your slides more dynamic by adding an animated background image. For Office 365 subscribers only.
- Find and fix accessibility issues in your presentations by using the Accessibility Checker on the Review tab.
- 64-Bit OneNote: Enjoy improved reliability when you work in OneNote.
- Select what happens when your stylus is detected. Automatically switch to drawing, or keep using the stylus as a mouse.
- AutoUpdate no longer prompts for the local administrator password when it installs updates.
- OS X 10.10 or later