Microsoft Office 2016 - Unmistakably Office, designed for Mac.
The new versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote provide the best of both worlds for Mac users - the familiar Office experience paired with the best of Mac.
If you already use Office on a PC or iPad, you will find yourself right at home in Office 2016 for Mac. It works the way you expect, with the familiar ribbon interface and powerful task panes. Mac users will appreciate the modernized Office experience and the integration of Mac capabilities like Full Screen view and Multi-TouchTM gestures. With full Retina display support, your Office documents look sharper and more vibrant than ever.
Office for Mac is cloud-connected, so you can quickly get to the documents you’ve recently used on other devices and pick up where you left off. New, built-in document sharing tools make it easy to invite teammates to work on a document together. When sharing documents, you won’t have to worry about losing content or formatting, as Office for Mac offers unparalleled compatibility with Office on PCs, tablets, phones and online.
Note: an office365 subscription is required.
This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-081. Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac includes versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook that are designed for the Mac and yet are unmistakably Office. The August 11, 2015, update provides fixes for issues in the Office 2016 for Mac Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook).
Note: To install this update, you must be running OS X Yosemite 10.10 or a later version, and you must have a valid Microsoft Office 365 subscription. Additionally, see more information about Office 365 Subscription options. If you already have Office 2011 for Mac installed, you can run Office 2011 and Office 2016 side by side.
- This update adds support for exporting data to Outlook for Mac archive files (.olm file format). Data is exported to an .olm file, where it can be archived outside Outlook for Mac and reimported to Outlook for Mac by using the Import .olm functionality.
- Software updates including:
- Fixes issue that caused invitations to displayed as off by one hour in Coordinated Universal Time
- Improves attachment support
- Improves reminders support
- Meeting invitations always open to the maximum width of the screen
- Printing the calendar in month view now uses the full page for better page use
- Live word count in status bar is correctly updated when you change the selection
- Scrolling improvements
- Zoom level is preserved when a document is saved
- Customized keyboard that has the ability to override default keyboard shortcuts
- Software updates
- "Resume reading" now enables you to quickly return to the position at which you last edited a presentation
- Software updates
- OS X 10.10 or later