Mosaic lets you create a wide range of effects based on real-time pixel texturing and adaptive tiling. It includes several procedural recipes, but the most exciting use comes with the import of your own motifs to create amazing graphic effects. Use a comprehensive set of tools to constrain, balance, and animate texture fragmentation over your content.
- Dynamic Texturing - Use a comprehensive set of tools to constrain, balance and animate the texture fragmentation over your content. Mosaic smart texturing algorithm organizes and warps the details to help you in the production of stunning composites.
- Any Footage - Mosaic supports video, still images, titles or any other graphic elements as source. The luminance of the pixels is used as a starting point.
- Adaptive Tiling - Slice the image using the tiling module. Subdivide it uniformly or adjust the adaptiveness to branch out into an elegant architecture of cells.
- Custom Motifs - Use the included recipes and textures or create and import your own grid of images, texts, symbols or video loops.
- ASCII Effects - Compose authentic ACSII effects and sophisticated versions of the principle painting your footages with custom set of characters. Mosaic supports any monospaced font. Texturing is performed in a coordinate space independent of the viewer and lets you zoom into the effect to create sharp close-ups.
- Recursive Details - Setup complex animated graphics from a small group of elements assembled on a grid. Apply Mosaic to gradient ramps, fractal noise, or any luminance map you imagine, then play with masks and adaptive tiling to localize the tesselation and quicly produce massive motion graphics.
- Fully Integrated into After Effects - Fly into the motifs or create dynamic textures for your 3D models. Mosaic natively supports the After Effects Camera. This allows for seamless integration with other industry standard plugins also compatible with the 3D environment offered by AE.
- Luminance Sorting - Arrange the cells of your texture atlas by luminance level with one click in order to create the perfect shading.
- Integrated Key Tools - Manage the localisation or expansion of the effects with the included soft and hard key.
- Cell Padding - Apply padding between cells or stretch the texture blocks to manipulate the density of the motifs.
- Wireframe Overlay - Enhance the mapping with sharp borders, triangulations, crosses and grid overlays or transmute the footage into wireframe patterns.
- Large Collection of Expandable Effects - Mosaic comes with a collection of over a hundred customisable presets and FCPX Templates based on procedural and original texture atlases. This library was created as a starting point and to inspire the creation of your own motifs made of simple grid of images, graphic elements, or video loops.
Note: Mosaic is included in and managed by FxFactory, and its download can be accomplished through that application.
- Initial release
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.11 or later
- At least one of the following hosts:
- Apple Final Cut Pro X 10.2 or later
- Apple Motion 5.2 and 10.3 or later
- Adobe After Effects CC or later
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC or later