Name Mangler (was File List) is an easy-to-use batch file re-namer.
If you need to rename several files at once, this is the application you have always been looking for. Name Mangler is a batch file renamer that supports the following renaming tasks: Find and Replace (including support for regular expressions); Number Sequentially; Change Case; Set Extension; Add Prefix/Suffix; Remove/Insert Characters.
Moreover, you can combine all of these using the Advanced renaming mode, which even comes with some extra features, such as conditional statements, nested counters, and more. But Name Mangler is more than just one versatile renaming utility - it's an infinite number of task-specific renaming utilities: Name Mangler's Droplets make it ridiculously easy to store configurations and use those repeatedly for different, alternating purposes. Just drop your files on them.
- A contextual menu for entries in the file list area will reveal the selected file in Finder.
- Name Mangler now uses an Apple-provided regular expression feature (NSRegularExpression).
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a bug where trying to populate with the Finder selection resulted in a crash when there was actually no Finder selection.
- Improved handling of newline characters in text files used for Arbitrary Terms feature.
- [App Store version only] Improved compatibility with macOS Sierra.
- [App Store version only] Fixed a bug where accessing the Finder selection wouldn't work as expected if Name Mangler didn't have file access permission for the selected files already.
- OS X 10.8 or later