NeoOffice is a complete office suite for OS X. With NeoOffice, users can view, edit, and save OpenOffice documents, PDF files, and most Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
NeoOffice 3.x and OpenOffice users: before you buy NeoOffice, we recommend that you click on the "NeoOffice support" link and read the list of changes.
NeoOffice is extremely stable and thousands of users use it daily. The NeoOffice engineers created NeoOffice in 2003 when they made OpenOffice run natively on OS X for the first time. Since then, the NeoOffice engineers have continually added improvements to NeoOffice that users will not find in OpenOffice such as:
- Open Calc or Impress instead of Writer at launch using the NeoOffice > Open at Launch menu
- OS X Versions
- Native OS X grammar checking
- Native OS X text highlighting
- Native file locking support for local and networked volumes
- OS X Services support
- Native floating tool windows
- This version of NeoOffice includes significantly faster handling of lengthy, 100+ page documents with tables. Previous versions of NeoOffice could temporarily hang when opening, editing, saving, printing, exporting to PDF, or previewing lengthy documents with tables. This hanging was due to NeoOffice recalculating the document's page breaks and table cell sizes. To avoid such hanging, the NeoOffice engineers have made the following changes:
- When opening, editing, or saving Writer documents, NeoOffice now recalculates page breaks and table cell sizes in the background in small chunks over the course of a few minutes. By deferring the recalculation, you no longer need to wait for the recalculation to finish before you can continue editing your document.
- When printing, exporting to PDF, or previewing Writer documents, NeoOffice now displays a dialog if recalculating page breaks and table cell sizes takes more than 30 seconds. This dialog gives you the option to cancel the recalculation. If you cancel the recalculation, NeoOffice uses rough guesses to set page breaks and table cells and immediately proceeds to printing, exporting to PDF, or previewing your document.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.8 or later