NeoOffice is a complete office suite for OS X. With NeoOffice, users can view, edit, and save OpenOffice documents, PDF files, and most Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
NeoOffice 3.x and OpenOffice users: before you buy NeoOffice, we recommend that you click on the "NeoOffice support" link and read the list of changes.
NeoOffice is extremely stable and thousands of users use it daily. The NeoOffice engineers created NeoOffice in 2003 when they made OpenOffice run natively on OS X for the first time. Since then, the NeoOffice engineers have continually added improvements to NeoOffice that users will not find in OpenOffice such as:
- Open Calc or Impress instead of Writer at launch using the NeoOffice > Open at Launch menu
- OS X Versions
- Native OS X grammar checking
- Native OS X text highlighting
- Native file locking support for local and networked volumes
- OS X Services support
- Native floating tool windows
- After starting a slide show from a presentation document that is in full screen mode, exiting the slide show would disable the OS X menubar until the presentation document was closed
- When opening a document while in full screen mode that contains linked but not embedded images or OLE objects, NeoOffice would shrink the newly opened full screen mode window
- When saving certain documents that contain embedded images or OLE objects, NeoOffice would would fail to save one or more of the embedded images or OLE objects
- NeoOffice would crash when opening certain Microsoft Word .doc documents
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.8 or later