OmniOutliner Pro is a flexible program for creating, collecting, and organizing information. Give your creativity a kick start by using an application that’s actually designed to help you think. It’s like having an extra brain – one that doesn’t keep losing the car keys.
You can use OmniOutliner’s document structure to create hierarchies of main headings and subpoints that can be expanded and collapsed, which are immensely useful when it comes to brainstorming new ideas, drilling out specifics, and lining up steps needed to get everything done. But you aren’t limited to outlines – you’ve got multiple columns, smart checkboxes, customizable popup lists, and an Ÿber-innovative styles system at your disposal.
Use OmniOutliner to draft to-do lists, create agendas, manage tasks, track expenses, take notes, plan events, write screenplays…and just about anything else you can think of.
It’s a smarter way to write, a more productive way to stay organized. Whatever your project, OmniOutliner has the tools you need to get the job done.
However, we didn’t stop there – some features are just more relevant to the power user, and that’s why we’ve created a “Pro” version of OmniOutliner with even more options.
OmniOutliner Professional includes in-depth outlining features like folded editing, clipping service support, audio recording, a new sections drawer, and saved templates. With OmniOutliner Professional, you can actively hide and display the information in your outlines – or quickly jump from one place to another – so you can save time and be more productive by focusing on exactly what you want to see. The new Names Styles feature in OmniOutliner Professional gives you even more options for fast and powerful editing. Download the Pro version today and try it for yourself!
Note: Now requires OS X 10.10 or later.
- User Interface -- OmniOutliner has undergone an interface update in order to make it look more at home on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Resource Browser -- Thumbnail images used in the resource browser are now cached on disk making interactions with it much quicker.
- Export -- The Keynote export has been removed. This export wrote out to the Keynote v1 format which is no longer supported by the latest Keynote version.
- Help -- Help document content has been updated.
- Notes -- When notes are being viewed in pane, the note icon on the row will correctly indicate if a note exists.
- Export -- The way conflicting attachment names are dealt with has been changed. Certain characters in file names will also be replaced. This allows supported image formats to always properly export to the MS Word docx format. Existing documents with such attachments just need to be re-saved to adopt these changes. If you still encounter any issues, please contact us [email protected] send a copy of the OmniOutliner document.
- Export -- Exporting while focused should now properly export.
- Templates -- The first page customized header has been removed from all built-in templates.
- Templates -- Some templates had unnecessary clear background fills applied to parts of text. This has been removed to avoid any such styles from unknowingly propagating to other content.
- Stability -- Looking up a word with the Dictionary popover will no longer crash.
- Stability -- Fixed a crash that occurred when typing more than two digits into the "Spaces between columns" preference.
- Stability -- Fixed a crash that could occur when applying a style theme.
- Stability -- Fixed a crash related to reverting a file while viewing notes in pane.
- Stability -- Fixed an issue that prevented some files with an unsupported style attribute from loading.
- Stability -- Fixed a crash that could happen during a software update check when gathering hardware information.
- Stability -- Fixed a crash that could occur when the About panel or Help window was closed.
- Upgrading -- When entering an OmniOutliner Pro license, it will no longer be required to relaunch to enable AppleScript