Papers is your personal library of science.
Read, Write, Cite. Your research will never be the same with Papers and Magic Manuscripts.
Papers revolutionizes the way you deal with your research documents. It allows you to search for them, download and organize them together with supplementary material, allows you to read them full screen, highlight and keep notes, sync them to your iPad or iPhone, cite them in your favorite word processor, share them with your colleagues, and much, much more. Welcome to your personal library of research!
- You can now cite in:
- iA Writer 3
- You can now share papers via more services, as we now use OS X's built-in sharing services for sharing.
- You no longer need to add your Twitter or Facebook credentials to Papers to share. Just sign in via System Preferences > Accounts.
- New ways of sharing your papers: Link, Papers Link, PDF, PDF with Annotations, Reference List, and Papers Archive.
- Adds an option to disable text and line art smoothing in PDFs to General Preferences. This may improve image quality on non-Retina displays.
- A publication's citekey can now be set via scripting.
- Adds new scripting properties:
- class publication item:
- customized citekey
- universal citekey
- class file item:
- file name
- formatted file name
- full path on virtual disk
- "Remember last read position" and "Use identical zoom factor for all PDFs" preferences are more reliable.
- The contents of the Notes Export save panel are no longer truncated.
- Papers imported via Google Patents are no longer missing their URLs.
- It is no longer possible to create more than one "me" author.
- Papers will no longer create a duplicate "me" author when opening a library which contains a paper authored by yourself.
- Resolves an issue where Citations would insert the current clipboard content, rather than a citekey or reference.
- Ink annotations now move in the way you'd expect them to when dragged around on El Capitan.
- Papers will no longer show a message saying that that your Papers Library is damaged if it is located inside of a Google Drive containing a damaged sync_config.db file.
- Papers will no longer warn you multiple times if your library is placed into a shared folder.
- Papers will now warn you if you move your library into the trash.
- It is no longer possible to select the "Shared Collections" header in the sidebar.
- Adds crash reporting to Citations
- Fixes appearance of PDF zoom slider on El Capitan
- You can now perform local library search queries that only consist of a "NOT" operator.
- Searching Crossref for a query that only consists of a "NOT" operator no longer causes Papers to quit unexpectedly.
- Fixes a crash when creating certain uncommon queries.
- Selecting your current library in maintenance mode no longer incorrectly shows a prompt warning you that you are switching to a library that is a copy of your current library.
- eLife articles imported from CrossRef are now imported with the correct title.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.9 or later