PowerPhotos allows you to break up your Photos.app images among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of them in one giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or just browse the photos in your libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos.
PowerPhotos also supports searching across all your libraries at once to help track down a particular photo. If you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos with your other devices, splitting up your library can help save on iCloud storage costs. Use a single library to hold a smaller collection that you sync with iCloud, while keeping the bulk of your photos in separate libraries so they don't take up space on iCloud. PowerPhotos can analyze your libraries for duplicate photos, showing them to you side-by-side and letting you get rid of extra copies of photos that you no longer need.
- Improved error message shown if a library can't be loaded because Photos still has it open
- Added troubleshooting information for cases where the system photo library fails to load
- PowerPhotos now properly recognizes the system photo library when adding it back into the library list
- Fixed an issue with filename collisions that could occur when copying photos edited in older versions of iPhoto
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the in-app store from loading properly for some users
- Removed a spurious "not a valid Photos library" message displayed when another error occurred trying to display a library
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.11 or later