PyCharm is a Python IDE with complete set of tools for productive development with the Python programming language. In addition, the IDE provides high-class capabilities for professional Web development with the Django framework.
PyCharm is available on a subscription basis for $199 per year. See the pricing page for more options.
Following the release of version 3, PyCharm forked into two paths: a free, Open-Source Community Edition; and the commercial, full-featured Professional Edition. Here are a few highlights of the different forks:
- Full-featured IDE for Python & Web development
- Supports Django, Flask, Google App Engine, Pyramid, web2py
- Remote development, Databases and SQL support, UML, and SQLAlchemy Diagrams
- Lightweight IDE for Python development only
- Free, open-source, Apache 2 license
- Intelligent Editor, Debugger, Refactorings, Inspections, VCS integration
- Project Navigation, Testing support, Customizable UI, Vim key bindings
The quoted price is that for individual customers, paid annually. PyCharm is available at several price points. Above price reflects one year subscription for individual user; see this page for more information.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.8 or later
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
- OS X 10.8 or later
- Python 2.4 or later, Jython, PyPy, or IronPython