- Bless Restored Volume: Following a restore that includes OS X's blessed system folder (typically /System/Library/CoreServices), the bless tool is used to bless the system on the volume. The volume will then be recognized as a bootable system volume by the firmware disk picker, the Startup Disk preferences pane, and elsewhere.
- Capture / Lost Connection: A race condition could cause the capture action to terminate abnormally following a crash of the metadata isolation process.
- In OS X 10.9, a handful of user preferences and advanced settings would be ignored if the capture or recall action was running as root.
- Memory: The amount of memory QRecall will use for index and hash tables has increased from 6GB to 8GB of RAM for 64-bit systems that have more than 10GB of physical memory. The amount of memory used for the quanta de-duplication lookup tables was increased for large archives (greater than 3TB).
- OS X 10.5 or later
- A second hard disk is recommended