SMART Utility is an application to scan the internal hardware diagnostics system of hard drives. SMART (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) is a system built into hard drives by their manufacturers to report on various measurements (called attributes) of a hard drive's operation. The attributes can be used to detect when a hard drive is having mechanical or electrical problems, and can indicate when the hard drive is dying. This allows time to hopefully backup, and then replace the drive.
Run this utility once a week or more to ensure your HD, and your data, are okay!
Note: The demo runs for 30 days or 15 launches, whichever is longer.
- Added ability to use installed version of smartctl, which fixes an unknown status error in that case
- Fixed bug where drives with zero partitions would display incorrectly
- Fixed bug where running a test would cause a crash
- Fixed bug on 10.12 where Configure Email button would not enable properly
- Fixed a couple of small bugs which could potentially cause a crash
- Updated to smarctl 6.5 which supports many more drives
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.9 or later