Soulver helps you do quick calculations and work things out. It's quicker to use than a spreadsheet, and smarter and clearer than a traditional calculator.
You type out your problems as you would on paper, and Soulver calculates your answer as you type. You can do calculations over multiple lines, and use words alongside your numbers so they make sense.
Soulver is great for adding things up, easily doing percentages, and converting things, like currencies.
Use Soulver to play around with numbers, do "back of the envelope" quick calculations, and solve day-to-day problems.
- See all your calculations all the time, and go back and change any of them.
- Use words amid your calculations so your numbers make sense
- Easily do percentages ("$100 - 10%", "30 as a % of 200")
- See a running total of all your lines
- Do easy conversions ("10 USD in Euros, "25 meters in feet")
- Do calculations with stocks ("100 AAPL")
- Connect your lines together using answer tokens.
- Create variables to hold frequently used numbers
- All the standard mathematical functions.
- Support for calculations in binary & hex.
- Save and export your work.
- Fixed a bug where labels & headings would be shown in bold italic when they should only be bold.
- Fixed a bug with stock symbols that included a trailing number in European locales.
- Removed some Baltic currencies that have been replaced by the Euro (LTL & LVL).
- Fixed an issue with unit calculations related to dividing units.
- Fixed a rare crash when closing a document.
- Updated Chinese (simplified) localisation.
- Compatibility with 10.11 El Capitan.
- Numerous minor tweaks & improvements for El Capitan.
- Fixed the crashing bug on El Capitan.
- Numerous minor engine improvements.
- Fixed a bug where some stocks were not updating.
- Compatibility with 10.10 Yosemite.
- Some other minor improvements.
- Fixed a crashing bug related to line references that was introduced in the last update.
- Switched to BitcoinAverage for Bitcoin rates.
- Fixed an issue where the rates for MNT (Mongolian Tegreg) were not accurate.
- An answer token will now show a warning when the line it refers to is deleted.
- Fixed a bug where undo would not work correctly when using line references.
- Percentages are no longer added with regular numbers in the total.
- Misc improvements to Soulver
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.8 or later