Built on a clean slate for OS X, Sound Forge Pro provides a contemporary application environment that's perfect for recording, editing, processing, and rendering broadcast-quality audio master files. A fresh statement on audio editing software, Sound Forge Pro Mac includes a comprehensive suite of mastering, restoration, and repair tools for immediate results.
Finally on the Mac, an audio editing application designed exclusively for OS X with a workflow that can keep up with your creative flow. Configurable viewing panels allow you to toggle to any project view you need in seconds - see everything at once or toggle your view to see only the features you want, when you want. Easily navigate the entire interface and work quickly, even on laptops.
Assigning hardware, metering input signals, arming tracks, and recording high-resolution multichannel audio is a simple and fluid process in Sound Forge Pro Mac. Route your inputs, position the Record tool anywhere in the user interface, click Record, and bring pristine audio into your computer - up to 32 simultaneous channels at 64-bit/192 kHz resolution.
Signal and effects processing
Enjoy a full range of native processes including fade, flip, mute, normalize, and reverse. Process audio using repair tools from iZotope, and time/pitch modification algorithms from Zplane™. Easily access your plug-in collection for offline and nondestructive processing.
A one-stop audio mastering solution
Enjoy instant access to everything you need to prepare, process, and render finished audio master files. Sound Forge Pro Mac includes iZotope’s Mastering and Repair Suite of high-end processing plug-ins that you can use right away by simply dropping them into the application’s Plug-In Chain tool.
- Metadata is now preserved when saving to Wave format.
- You can now hold Command+Option while clicking an envelope point to display an edit box to edit the point.
- Fixed an issue that could cause stuttering playback of .wav files exported from applications other than Sound Forge Pro Mac.
- Sound Forge Pro is 64-bit only. 32-bit audio plug-ins are not supported.
- If you add a plug-in to the Plug-In Chain during playback, Apogee audio interfaces may stop playing audio when working with sample rates greater than 48 kHz. Stop and restart playback to restore audio output.
- When recording into a selection, the Prerecord buffer setting is ignored.
- If you use the Keyboard Shortcuts page of the Sound Forge Pro Preferences dialog to assign a keyboard shortcut that conflicts with a system-level keyboard shortcut, the shortcut will be displayed in the Sound Forge Pro interface, but the behavior will be superseded by the system-level shortcut.
- Single-character, Shift-modified, and Option-modified keyboard shortcuts do not work correctly when assigned to the Toggle Full Screen command in the Keyboard Shortcuts page of the Sound Forge Pro Preferences dialog.
- You may experience audio stuttering on some computers when using the Loudness Meters with audio files with a large number of channels.
- The Apple Sample Rate and Bit Depth Converter plug-in can produce bad results with some source files that use uncommon sample rates in conjunction with certain Converter Complexity settings.
- No progress indicator is displayed when opening project files. When opening very large projects, Sound Forge Pro Mac can appear to hang. If you allow the process to run, the project will open successfully.
- When Options > Snapping > Zero Crossings is selected, you may not be able to drag the end of the loop region to the end of a file at some zoom levels. Hold Shift while dragging to override snapping or change the zoom level of the editor.
- The Channel Volume plug-in now uses dB scale for envelopes (rather than percentages). If you load projects that were created in previous versions of Sound Forge Pro Mac, your envelopes will not map to the dB values.
- Playing AIF files can result in stuttering playback on some systems.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.7 or later