Storyist is a powerful story development tool for novelists and screenwriters. With an intuitive interface that puts you in control, Storyist provides:
- A word processor with a page layout view and support for headers, footers, and style sheets.
- A storyboard with customizable story sheets for tracking your plot, characters, and settings.
- A project manager with fast, project-wide search capabilities to keep your writing organized and accessible.
Note: Version 3 is a paid upgrade of $29 for owners of a version 2.x license.
- A new comment inspector, located in the inspector sidebar, shows the list of comments in the text file. A search field lets you quickly find the comment you're looking for (like in Storyist for iOS.)
- Storyist now supports "range" comments that span blocks of text in addition to "point" comments.
- The comment popover has been redesign and now has a delete button and controls for moving to the previous/next comment. It also now shows the modification date of the comment.
- The comment popover now tracks it's location in the text when the text is scrolled.
- Storyist now supports El Capitan's split "full screen" feature.
- A page count is now available in the file stats popover when the text editor is in page mode.
- The RTF converters can now import/export inline images in the format the Word expects.
- The RTF converters now correctly handle line spacing for paragraphs with font sizes other than the default.
- Clicking and dragging the styles control in the status bar no longer drags the window to a new location.
- Storyist no longer takes an exception when navigating to some story sheets when running on El Capitan.
- Storyist no longer crashes when you drag a.storyist2license file to the application while it is running.
- Storyist no longer crashes in certain circumstances when using style shortcut-key combinations.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.9 or later