TaskPaper is a plain-text to-do list that’s surprisingly adept. Thoroughly modernized. TaskPaper 3 is all new, while still retaining the same plain-text design that’s been getting things done since 2006.
What's New in 3
- All new app
- More powerful searches
- Flexible and unique folding interface
- More powerful text editor and outliner
- Saved searches; one click away in sidebar
- Relative date and time based searches
- LESS/CSS powered themes
- Plain text files; edit anywhere
- Type and your lists are auto formatted
- Projects- tasks, notes, and @tags
- Text editor speed with outliner power
- Lists within lists within lists
- Fold, focus, and filter to make big list small
- Drag and drop to organize your list
- Fully scriptable and themable
- Getting things done since 2006
- Added new commands for expanding and collapsing items. Improved how the Items > Move commands work in folded views.
- Added a new "filtered" item handle state to indicate when some children are showing and others are hidden.
- Added Expand/Collapse Commands:
- Added View > Expand Items
- Added View > Collapse Items
- Added View > Expand All By Level
- Added View > Collapse All By Level
Removed Redundant Commands:
- Removed View > Fold
- Removed Items > Indent
- Removed Items > Un-Indent
Improved Item Movement In Filtered Views:
- Moving items should never "capture" hidden items as children.
- No additional items should appear on screen when moving items.
Added New "Filtered" Item Handle State:
- This state joins the existing "Expanded" and "Collapsed" states. Filtered state indicates that some children are visible and others are filtered out of the display. Click a filtered handle to expand it to show all children.
- Expanded - Dim empty circle
- Collapsed - Bright filed circle
- Filtered - Dim filled circle
- Improved alert messaging when opening invalid file links.
- Fixed leading spaces from being removed from pasted text.
- Fixed periodic broken "Tag With..." toolbar popup menu state.
- Fix crash when inserting new item into empty document.
- Maintain full line selection when move item to end of list.
- Hold down "Option" key for a "Completely" variant of each item.
- Added `filtered` item attribute for themes to query.
- Added `handle-size` item style property.
- Added `handle-border-color` item style property.
- Added `handle-border-width` item style property.
Please use the explicit Expand/Collapse commands for folding. Use "Tab" and "Shift-Tab" instead of the Indent and Un-Indent menu items. I think any short term pain this causes will make TaskPaper a more nimble and focused app long term.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later