Stop manually fixing text documents and emails. Let TextSoap help youautomate away all that tediousness. And do it all from within your favoriteapp using TextSoap Menu. Enable it in preferences and access TextSoapin most apps that support standard copy and paste.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.10 or later.
Note: Version 8 is a paid upgrade from previous versions. Upgrade information can be found here.
- Interactive Find - text is now grayed out and matched text is highlighted in blue. Also added a "Done" button to remove any match highlights from the text when user is finished searching.
- Added Clean with TextSoap 8 MyScrub Service menu item. This will apply the "MyScrub" cleaner, which is specified in Preferences > General.
- Support for opening text files with unknown extensions.
- Scripting commands for the main application. When using textsoap8Agent, it acts a go-between with the main TextSoapapp, running the main in "agent mode" (which allows it to run w/o a userinterface). These three new scripting commands allow AppleScripts to directly connect to the main app and enable "agent mode". These commands will allow an AppleScript to test and control the agent mode state of an app:
- enableAgentMode -- transform app to use agent mode. Command is ignored if app is already in agent mode.
- disableAgentMode -- turn off agent mode. Returnsapp to standard app mode if needed
- isAgentMode -- indicates whether app is currently in agent mode
- Helper app to inspect OS X Service definitions. Available via OS X Services preference. Click "Launch Inspector".
- Under Preferences > Advanced, there are now two buttons that allow you to launch and quit both textsoap8Agent and TextSoapMenu. For the latter, it is recommended that you use the checkbox in Preferences > TextSoap Menu to install and launch the app.
- Calling AppleScript pickCleaner command on textsoap8Agent could cause a crash.
- TextSoap Menu Palette did not remember its position and size between launches of TextSoap Menu.
- OS X Service standard menu item renamed to "Clean withTextSoap 8".
- TextSoap's launch behavior has changed. Earlier versions ofTextSoap launched as an accessory and transformed itself into a standard app. This created some subtle, but noticeable inconsistencies between a normal app launch and TextSoap. Starting with TextSoap 8.0.9, TextSoap will launch as a standardapp and transform itself into an accessory when asked to launch in agent mode (by TextSoap Menu, textsoap8Agent, etc). This provides a more standard user experience launching the app when opening files, clicking on the icon, etc. When TextSoap is launched in agent mode (to support TextSoap Menu, textsoap8Agent, etc), it may briefly show up in the dock and then disappear. This is expected. To minimize this display, when TextSoap is launched in agent mode, it will stick around in the background for a while, to avoid a re-launch. If TextSoap is already running as a standardapp, TextSoap Menu and textsoap8Agent will leave it alone.
- Using TextSoap's OS X Service actions within TextSoapapp can cause OS X Services action to time out and not work. In general, I recommend using TextSoap Menu over OS X Services. TextSoapMenu provides more customization options, is richer and more dynamic (allowing access to all cleaners, allows changing groups, etc.) and avoids many of the issues with OS X Services.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later
- Compatible with OS X 10.11 El Capitan