Tinderbox is a personal content management assistant. It stores your notes, ideas, and plans. It can help you organize and understand them. And Tinderbox helps you share ideas through Web journals and Web logs.
Tinderbox's agents automatically scan your notes, looking for patterns and building relationships. Agents help discover relationships and help make sure important things don't get lost. Agents are easy to make and easy to modify. They're flexible and powerful.
Tinderbox can even gather and update changing information and breaking news from the internet.
When it's time to share your notes, Tinderbox can assemble multiple notes into one page. Updates are a breeze -- even if you update several times a day. Private notes, timestamps, permanent links, archives: everything you want, just the way you want it.
- Attributes: Intervals - A new attribute type, Interval, represents time intervals and durations.
- DEVONthink Integration - When any item is dragged from DEVONthink into Tinderbox, the newly-created note's URL points to the DEVONthink database record for the original item. This has always been possible through the DEVONthink "Copy URL" command, but now it works seamlessly whenever you drag from DEVONthink. (Requires DEVONthink 2 or later)
- Storyspace Support - Later this year, Eastgate expects to announce Storyspace 3, a new tool for writing hypertext narrative that builds on and extends the Storyspace legacy. Storyspace helped pioneer the craft of hypertext fiction, and Storyspace 3 will bring a wealth of new capabilities to this effort. Tinderbox and Storyspace will share files, letting writers move seamlessly between them.
- Using Tinderbox from Other Applications - URLs that begin
tinderbox://let other tools link to Tinderbox documents and specific tabs, views, and notes. The tinderbox:// protocol has been substantially improved.
Also of Note
- Actions - Using undefined colors -- such assigning a note the $Color "Red" or "rde" when you meant "red" -- previously had undefined behavior. We now return a specific arbitrary color (currently a brick red) for all undefined colors.
- Export - When exporting with $HTMLEntities false, some paragraphs ignored the note's $HTMLEntities setting and export with entities anyway, causing difficulties when exporting East Asian languages (among others) to HTML.
- Help - Corrected Help ▸ Feathering Your Nest ▸ Color Schemes
- Key Attributes - The formatting of dates in the Key Attribute table is now adjustable. By default, the date and time are shown using the system's short formats for the current locale. Other formats may be chosen by changing the value of $KeyAttributeDateFormat. Suggested values include "L" and "l" to display only the date in long and short format respectively.
- Maps - Tinderbox tabs should do a better job of keeping track of their scroll positions.
- Outlines - The "title bar" for agent icons is now heavier in outline view, allowing Tinderbox to better differentiate between agents that are running and those that are "off".
- Text - Ctrl-return now inserts a line break without also inserting a paragraph break. We avoid the conventional shift-return for this, on advice of the best authorities, because some typists press the shift key early in anticipation of capitalizing the first letter of a new paragraph. Ctrl-return should please Tinderbox users who work with poetry.
- Treemaps - Links may now be dragged from the parking spaces to notes in treemap view.
- Workflow -- Menus and Shortcuts - Added shortcut keys to item contextual menu's entry for Roadmap ⇧⌥⌘-R
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.8 or later