Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.4 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Scientific Toolworks Understand® is an IDE built from the ground up to help you fully comprehend your source code. Analyze it, measure it, visualize it, maintain it
Understand provides you with pertinent information regarding your code. Quickly see all information on functions, classes, variables, etc., how they are used, called, modified, and interacted with. Easily see call trees, metrics, references and any other information you would want to know about your code.
Metrics & Reports
Understand is very efficient at collecting metrics about the code and providing different ways for you to view it. There is a substantial collection of standard metrics quickly available as well as options for writing your own custom metrics when we don't cover exactly what you need.
Understand offers graphs that allow you to see how your code connects (dependencies), how it flows (control flow graphs), what functions call other functions (call graphs), and many more. There are many customization options to easily allow you to display only what you are interested in seeing so the graph is best suited to what you need.
Understand provides a way to check your code using published coding standards, or your own custom standards. These checks can be used to verify naming guidelines, metric requirements, published best practices, or any other rules or conventions that are important for your team.
See all the dependencies in your code and how they connect. See these dependencies using Understand's interactive graph or using the textual Dependency Browser. Both allow you to see all dependencies quickly and easily at a high level or dig in and get the details.
Understand's powerful editor is a full modern programming GUI that incorporates all the modern features you would expect. It is designed from the ground-up for multi-monitor use and it includes tabs, tab groups, docking, syntax colorization, auto-completion, and syntax-based collapsing and folding just to name a few.
Multiple options are available for searching in Understand. For instant results, use our "Instant Search" feature which provides results before you are even done typing. Understand also provides search options for more customized and complicated searches, such as Regular Expression and Wildcard searches.
Understand supports more than a dozen languages and can handle code bases that are written in multiple languages. This allows you to see calls and dependencies between languages so you can get information about the complete system.
- Fixed bug where a reference to a class with the same name as a nested class could sometimes generate a reference to the wrong entity
- Show python sub packages and parent packages in IB.
- Show java sub packages and parent packages in IB.
- Added 'transient' and 'volatile' to the type text of variables declared with these modifiers. Also, added a new reference kind, 'use return' for a variable directly returned by a method.
- Updated the License Server almhostid mismatch error. PROJECT
- Updated Understand/Und to report the "Last Locked Process Id". PYTHON PARSER
- Removed '__init__' from full names of entities defined in package __init__.py files.
- Added 'declare/declarein' relations between packages and subpackages.