Shotcut is a free, open-source, cross-platform video editor.
- supports oodles of audio and video formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg (or libav as-built)
- supports many image formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF, as well as image sequences
- no import required - native editing
- frame-accurate seeking for many formats
- multi-format timeline: mix and match resolutions and frame rates within a project
- network stream playback (HTTP, HLS, RTMP, RTSP, MMS, UDP)
- frei0r video generator plugins (e.g., color bars and plasma)
- Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
- JACK transport sync
- detailed media properties panel
- recent files panel
- drag-and-drop files from file manager
- save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
- load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
- audio signal level meter
- volume control
- scrubbing and transport control
- flexible UI through dock-able panels
- encode/transcode to a variety of formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg (or libav as-built)
- capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK, PulseAudio, IP streams, X11 screen
- stream (encode to IP) files and any capture source
- batch encoding with job control
- create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML playlists
- unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
- connect to Melted servers over MVCP TCP protocol
- control the transport playback of Melted units
- edit Melted playlists including suport for undo/redo
- OpenGL GPU-based image processing
- multi-core parallel image processing when not using GPU (and frame-dropping is disabled)
- video filters: blur, color grading, crop, glow, mirror, saturation, sharpen
- 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading
- eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing
- translated to Spanish, French, Czech, and German
Note: Since the application is not signed, you need to Control-click the app icon and choose Open from the context menu the first time you run it.
Note: While MacUpdate Desktop and Finder don't report a version number for this app, the dev states it is at 16.02.01.
- Audio waveforms on timeline are updated incrementally as progress is made.
- Allow dual pass encoding for CBR.
- Added Show Video Thumbnails option to the timeline menu.
- Added Rebuild Audio Waveform to a timeline clip's context menu.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.6.8 or later