Vivaldi is a browser for our friends.
In 1994, two programmers started working on a web browser. Our idea was to make a really fast browser, capable of running on limited hardware, keeping in mind that users are individuals with their own requirements and wishes. Opera was born. Our little piece of software gained traction, our group grew, and a community was created. We stayed close to our users and to our roots. We kept improving our software, based on our users feedback, as well as our own ideas on how to make a great browser. We innovated and we strove for excellence.
Fast forward to 2015, the browser we once loved has changed its direction. Sadly, it is no longer serving its community of users and contributors who helped build the browser in the first place.
So we came to a natural conclusion:...
We must make a new browser. A browser for ourselves and a browser for our friends. A browser that is fast, but also a browser that is rich in functionality, highly flexible, and puts the user first. A browser that is made for you.
- VB-10072 Firstrun page or specific URLs startup option does not load pages
- VB-10131 Missing tab thumbnails
- VB-10154 In the search field, Down should show search engines, Shift down typed history
- VB-10098 Dark address bar icons in Dark UI
- VB-10173 Faster transition on drag and drop on tabs
- VB-9784 Remove unneeded options from Note's context menu
- VB-9889 Settings page in a tab changes URL when switching back tabs
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.6 or later