VOX is a beautiful music player that supports many filetypes. The beauty is in its simplicity, yet behind the minimal exterior lies a powerful music player with a ton of features and support for all audio formats you should ever need. VOX was originally developed following the principles of clarity, simplicity and versatility. Thus, the minimalistic interface incorporates both essential and unique features, which let you:
- Listen to your music regardless of the format
- Play numerous lossy and lossless audio formats
- Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF)
- Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips
- Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives. Rule your music with ease:
- Control the player from the main interface, Dock context menu or main menu controls
- Automatically search for all the missing album artwork from MusicBrainz and LastFM databases
- Use keyboard media keys, headphones buttons and Apple Remote to control playback (requires VOX Preference Pane)
- Easily add music via smart drop zones, ordinary open dialog and Finder context menu
- Use equalizer with presets and custom mode, crossfade, fade on play/pause, converting music to 5.1 or 7.1 format
- Preview album artwork from your Dock icon
- Gapless playback support
- Get system or Growl playback notifications. Focus on music, not the source:
- Work with different audio sources including custom Playlist, iTunes Library, online Radio and even more in the future
- Keep your listening statistics up-to-date with your LastFM account by means of LastFM scribbling. Full SoundCloud integration:
- Easily control SoundCloud from inside VOX.
- Access the largest database of the world’s music and discover new sound.
- Bring your SoundCloud stream and likes directly into VOX. Get more out of your technical equipment:
- Advanced Audio Features: HOG ModeImproved multi-output device support
- Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology
- Pause playback automatically on headphones disconnection
- Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen from any of your wireless output devices. Equip yourself with all of the audiophile tools.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.9 or later.
- fixed issue with local artworks finding and showing
- fixed issue with LOOP authorization
- optimized loading music to LOOP from external storages
- fixed some issues that led to crash
- fixed bug with accidental tracks deletion
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.9 or later