Yate was developed for people who are serious about tagging and organizing their audio files. The application was designed from the ground up for Mac users. It is a 100% Cocoa-written application and uses its own tagging library. Yate will tag mp3, m4a, aiff, flac, wav and dsf files.
Yate has a long list of features; most importantly, an innovative scripting system called actions. Actions can be used to update all of an album’s tags with a single operation. Yate also supports integration with Discogs, MusicBrainz, AcoustID and iTunes. All changes can be easily reverted and individual changes can be undone in any order. Whether you want to automatically or manually tag your files, Yate can do it all
Retina Display Aware
- The application is now Retina Display aware. If you've been halving your scale factor in Preferences-Artwork to get the size you wanted, please stop doing so. Forcing images to greyscale and the square images functionality was also affected by the pixel multiplying
- A new case modification type is available wherever the Title Case option is present. The new function called lower-Title Case is a hybrid mode used to bypass the fact that the title case algorithm ignores words with contained capital letters. The title case algorithm is implemented in this fashion to prevent names such as CCR and REM from being modified. The Lower-Title Case function first converts the text to lower case before applying the title case logi
- Count Items and List Item at Index now support saving the result to a named variable.
- List Key now supports the entry of an alternate key/value separator. The function also now supports fields as well as named variables.
- The Prompt function has a new Log option. When enabled the prompt will be sent to the system log and will be viewable with the Console application.
- Force Grouped now allows an inline comment.
- The User Defined function has been enhanced. There is a new test only mode which supports various test scenarios. The setting of the action test state is now documented for each individual mode.
- The Scale Artwork function now lets you specify a compression factor when forcing jpg artwork items.
- The Run, Test and Repeat With statements all have a new Indirect option. The option enables the use of escape sequences in the text field where you specify the name of the action to be run. This enables you to choose the action to be run based on the contents of Variable fields or any other constructed pattern. The action name is only validated at run time. If the evaluated name is empty, no action is run... this is by design. You can setup lists using the various list functions to contain the names of actions; inline or not. By using the List Item At Index function, you can pull an action name and place it in a variable which can then be specified as an indirect action name.
- The List Contains Test statement now has a Save Index option.
- The Add to List statement now allows the insertion of an item at a specified index.
- New action statement Field List Enumerator which produces lists which can be used to enumerate Artwork, User Defined Text Info, User Defined URL and Comment items via the Repeat With statement.
- New action statement Indexed Artwork which can be used to get and set information from artwork items based on their index in the artwork list.
- New action statement Remove List Item at Index