- New PHP indexing mechanism based on Apache Lucene, which leads to:
- 3x faster creation of index
- 3x smaller size of index on the file system
- 3x faster searching in the index - finding types, methods, building type hierarchy, code navigation, etc.
- Code assist is no longer blocked by running indexing processes
- Semantic Analysis checks are executed on multiple CPU cores - up to 3x faster
- Run/Debug launches are not blocked by background build jobs
- Fixed performance problem with many assignment operators
- Fixed performance problem with content assist in large array structure
- Default PHP interpreter changed to PHP 7
- PHP 7 Built-in executables with Zend Debugger
- Fixed issue with marking String, Int, Float and Bool as unknown types in function parameters
- Fixed issue with missing @return tag in generated PHPDoc
- Fixed issue with Semantic Analysis skipping checks for return types
- Content assist windows size is saved
- Hovering over a problem marker shows the available quick fixes
- Improved support for PHPDoc tag content assist
- Format on save always process whole file
- Fixed problem with code folding during typing
- Generated use statements adds empty line
- Inline @var comments are considered by Semantic Analysis
- Added 'class' proposal for "static:"
Other Improvements and Fixes
- Eclipse Platform updated to version 4.5.2 Mars.2
- EGit is update to version 4.3:
- New in version 4.2: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.egit/releases/4.2
- New in version 4.3: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.egit/releases/4.3
- Zend Framework 1 updated to version 1.12.17
- Zend Framework 2 updated to version 2.4.9
- Apigility updated to version 1.3.3
- The Eclipse Marketplace Client is added
- The Terminal plugin is now part of the main installation package
- Composer console supports ANSI coloring and interactive user input
- CSS3 profile in the CSS editor
- Quick fixes are available in the Problems view. Shortcut: Ctrl+1
- Anonymous classes are displayed in Outline and Quick Outline
- Detection of Local Zend Server is now optional
- The Trial screen is reworked to use only Eclipse RCP widgets, which avoids startup issues if the embedded browser cannot be initialized
- Support for Linux 32-bit is discontinued. No installation package will be provided in future.
- PHP 5.x built-in binaries for running and debugging CLI applications are not provided anymore. Only a single PHP built-in binary with the latest PHP version will be provided. Custom PHP binaries can still be added via the preference page.
- The Amazon AWS Toolkit extra feature is discontinued. It was a fork of an old version of the plugin. We recommend to use to genuine plugin provided by Amazon: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSToolkitEclipse/latest/ug/tke_setup_install.html
- The OpenShift integration is discontinued.
- The VMWare Workstation Support extra feature is discontinued.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later