Zend Studio is the only Integrated Development Environment (IDE) designed for professional developers that encompasses all the development components necessary for the full PHP application lifecycle.
Through a comprehensive set of editing, debugging, analysis, optimization, database tools and testing Zend Studio 5 speeds development cycles and simplifies complex projects.
To reflect varying developers' needs, Zend Studio comes in two editions: Professional and Standard
Zend Studio now includes a free developer license for Zend Platform allowing you to increase the reliability and maximize the performance of your application before deployment.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.10 or later.
- Upgraded Debugger - The new version includes a whole new way to setup remote debugging - if you have multiple servers configured, locally, in the cloud or remotely on an intranet, you can configure the debugger separately for each particular server and define the connection settings via the server creation and edit wizard.
- Improved Testing - Support for PHPUnit 4 for effective integration testing and simplified unit tests to make sure your code is stable and functioning correctly.
- Enhanced APIs Support - Support for the latest version of Apigility so you can build, test, and debug your APIs more efficiently.
- Integration of Popular Plugins - Content assist for Magento and Doctrine, Angular JS Explorer View, Markdown Editor and GitHubMylyn Integration that allows you to use a GitHub repository to store and retrieve Mylyn tasks. Additional improvements include upgraded installation packages with built-in JRE, so you don’t have to pre-install it like before, the font size plugin, many performance and quality improvements, and more.
- Angular JS - Develop client side apps with AngularJS, open-source web application framework from Google. Zend Studio takes full advantage of the framework client-side model��"view��"controller (MVC) architecture.
- Ionic - Create hybrid mobile apps with the integrated Ionic framework. Ionic offers a library of mobile-optimized HTML, CSS and JS components, gestures, and tools for building highly interactive apps.
- Split editor - Get the ultimate in user experience and productivity functionality with the new split editor. Split it vertically, or horizontally to see more code at once.
- Multi-cursor - Code faster by editing several lines of code at once with the new multi-cursor feature.
- Dark theme - Code in style. You asked for it, you got it. Now you can see your code on a black background by working with the all new dark theme.
- PHP 5.6 Language Support - Get full support for PHP 5.6. Zend Studio takes full advantage of the new PHP features like constant scalar expressions, variadic functions, phpdbg, large file uploads, gost-crypto hash algorithm, and more.
- Z-Ray / Z-Ray Live! - Using the certified PHP stack Zend Server? Discover hidden bugs and performance issues right from your browser and then open a debugging or profiling session directly from Z-Ray to fix the uncovered issues using Zend Studio. Leverage Z-Ray Live! to get information on your application performance right from mobile devices and address them with Studio. With Z-Ray Live, you can debug mobile and Web Services API calls with Z-Ray Live! All the advantages of Z-Ray for debugging requests originating from native mobile clients and other non-browser sources.
- Fully working Mobile App w/ Source Code - Get a fully working mobile app with its source code. You can use the code to learn how to create mobile apps or leverage it for your own applications. Study it, copy it, edit it. It’s all yours to work with. This application uses HTML5/CSS/JS on the client side and Zend Framework + Apigility with Zend Server on the back-end. The application itself monitors your application and gives you live statistics on your server performance. This mobile app is intended for demo purposes. The application and source code are available with Zend Studio and on GitHub. The source code is available on Github.
- Bower - Manage easily all your frameworks, libraries, assets, and utilities with the integrated Bower framework. Bower works by fetching and installing packages from all over, taking care of hunting, finding, downloading, and saving the items you’re looking for. It provides hooks to facilitate using packages in your tools and workflows. Bower is optimized for the front-end. It uses a flat dependency tree, requiring only one version for each package, reducing page load to a minimum.
- Cloud Deployment - Zend Studio lets you deploy your PHP application on any server. In addition, you can take full advantage of the Cloud with the Amazon AWS Zend certified PHP stack offering, an instantly available, consistent PHP environment that provides a cloud-based Zend Server. Zend Studio also works with other leading Cloud platforms, such as IBM Bluemix and SoftLayer, Red Hat OpenShift and Microsoft Azure. You can easily deploy your PHP applications on these public or private platforms, by using the built-in cloud deployment integration functionality.
- IBM i xml Toolkit libraries - Extend PHP code to access IBM i resources. The newly integrated Toolkit is designed to work either statelessly or statefully. Its stateful abilities enable developers to call RPG/COBOL/CL programs and APIs while retaining cursors, library lists, the QTEMP library, and more, to enable reuse of existing programs for web applications.
- Eclipse 4 Luna platform - Zend Studio 12 is built on top of the Eclipse 4 ��" Luna platform and benefits from many new enhancements included in the new platform.
Changed or Fixed
- Zend Framework 2 updated to version 2.4.2
- Apigility 1.1 is now used in project templates
- PHP 5.6 binaries are update to version 5.6.7
- Max memory heap size is set back to 1 GB for 32-bit installations
- Fixed issue with invoking Encode Project on Mac
- Fixed issue with mobile apps on Windows when the Android SDK is installed on a location containing spaces in the path
- Added error dialog with description of possible reasons that may cause problems while trying to read info from PHP executable (eg. incompatible version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable on Windows)
- Added reporting of problems related to setting up a valid port in debugger connection settings (eg. warning is reported if given port is already in use)
- Improved 'Dark' theme presentation model of wizards and dialogs for creating/editing PHP servers and executables
- Fixed issue with deploying applications to Zend Server on nginx
- Fixed issue with saving URL filters for Zend Server monitoring
- Fixed issue with saving URL filters for Zend Server debug mode
- Fixed issue with failing test for Zend Debugger connection when 'Use SSL encryption' option was turned on
- Fixed issue that was causing wrong debug port to be set (10000 instead of 10137) for Zend Debugger in newly created PHP servers and executables
- Fixed issue with unsupported 'Source Location' option for XDebug launch configurations
- Fixed issue with NPE occurring when trying to open a PHP file from code trace editor
- Improved content assist performance for projects with large number of types
- Fixed issue with Zend Studio freezing after hyperlinking just after Zend Studio start
- Minor fixes for content assist
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later